Hair Tip of the Day:
How to blow dry hair straight- Instead of permanently straightening your hair, which is very damaging to your hair, why not learn to properly blow dry it. With the proper tools, the correct hair product, and a bit of practice you can achieve the look you want with your hair.
What will you need?
- A hairdryer
- A large round brush with a metal core, make sure your hair can wrap around the brush once. The size of the brush will depend on the length of your hair.
- A large paddle brush for final smoothing.
- Clips to keep hair out of the way, large flat ones are the best choice.
- Styling products that protect your hair from moisture and hold the style. They also protect your hair from the heat damage of the blow dryer.
- Gloss or serum to smooth over the hair to remove the frizz and finish off the look.
- Wash your hair.
- Place your styling product in your wet hair, make sure it is covered from the roots to the tips of your hair.
- Pin your hair up and only take out small sections at a time to blow dry. Start with the underneath and back sections.
- Hold the dryer in one hand and a styling brush in the other.
- Place the brush underneath the first section of hair and position it at the roots.
- Keep tension on the hair being careful not to tug too hard and move the brush down towards the tips of your hair, while direction the air flow down the hair, following the movement of the brush.
- Wind hair completely up the brush, focusing on creating lift at the roots, gently blast hair with the hair dryer until it is dry.
- Curl the brush under, or flip it up at the ends to achieve a slight wave.
- After the bottom sections of your hair are dry, move on to the top sections in a layering manner.
- Finish with a light, flexible hairspray.
Remember… practice makes perfect!
The best way to have a great end product is to have a good start.
A good hair cut is that good start you need.
Belleza Family Hair Salon in Murrieta can make sure you start with a good cut!