Are you listening?
Did you know that:
- Every 13 minutes a woman dies of breast cancer in the United States, and many of us know someone who has, is, or will be affected.
- One in eight women will at some point in their lives receive a positive breast cancer diagnosis.
- Lung cancer is the number one cause of cancer deaths in women; breast cancer is number two.
So...what can you do?
Prevention is the best way to combat this deadly disease. Making changes in your life may help reduce your risk of breast cancer.
- Ask your doctor about breast cancer screening.
- Become familiar with your breasts through breast self-exams.
- Don't drink alcohol.
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes a day.
- Maintain a healthy weight.